You might want to take your business on social media, or especially on Instagram, but before you start posting on it there are certain things you should know. Not every business requires to begin with Instagram. So is it really important for your business? Almost every business uses Instagram for brand promotion, increasing sales, engaging with the audience and much more.
So “yes”, you can grow your business on Instagram. With over 1 Billion monthly active users on, it makes second most popular social media after Facebook. It’s impossible to ignore if you want to get your brand in front of your targeted audience. Your next question to you probably has to be “How exactly do I use Instagram to build my business?”. With so many features, Instagram has its own unique way to promote your business.
There’s a lot to know and do, and your success will rely on a mix of smart strategy and creative execution. But here we are providing what you exactly need to know before you market your business on Instagram. Let’s begin this post by some extremely primary things you should do starting from today.[Tweet “How to use Instagram for business: A Complete Guide by @bounceble”]
1. Fully Optimize your Instagram Business profile.
First thing first, you need to create a business profile. If you’re using a personal profile for business than you can either turn it into business profile or create a new Instagram account with the business profile. Wandering why you need a business profile? It gives you a ton of feature which you won’t get in personal profile; like contact, link information on your bio, insights and the new one, IGTV (the coolest feature).
Here’s how you can fully optimize your Instagram business profile:
- Write a compelling bio. Your bio should include a short description of what you do/what you provide or your product/service and it should be attractive. Whenever someone visits your site they should immediately take some action.
- Use a recognizable profile image. Your logo is typically the best choice.
- Choose a good profile link. There are two options: your brand’s website homepage or a link to a new page or piece of content you’re promoting. If you consistently put your website’s homepage as a profile link, then it’s not a good idea, as it would be boring. People wouldn’t like to visit the same page every time, so you need to keep them updated every time possible.
As a company, you probably do a whole lot of things and offer even more solutions. Don’t get too caught up in fitting all of that in 150 characters. Focus on your most important USP or your next big thing – be it an event, promotion or product launch.[Tweet “Don’t forget you can drive Instagram traffic with profile link.”]
2. Set your Instagram Marketing Business Goals.
Once you have optimized your Instagram profile, now it’s time to set goals. What are your goals as a company? Are they realistic and measurable? Here are some Instagram goals you might want to focus on:
- Increasing your follower count
- Growing your brand awareness
- Higher engagement
- Drive traffic to your website
- Increase sales and revenue.
Go with 2-3 goals only, if you set too many goals you’ll lose focus from the most important once that will help you succeed. Whatever your goals are, make sure they are clear. Make both short-term and long-term goals, what you want to change in a month or a year or next week.
Short-term goals will help you keep track and how you’re doing for long-term goals. Be clear and concise, so that will encourage you to stay more focused. Once you’ve set goals start creating a marketing plan.[Tweet “What is the most important goal of your Instagram. Or have you set one?”]
3. Plan an Instagram Content Strategy.
Before posting on Instagram anything, make a list of content types that relates to your field and you would like to share with your audience. Every post should have a purpose, should support your goals and should strengthen your brand.
- Content types that you can share:
a. Inspiration – Inspirational posts are really great for motivating your audience. Inspirational post often comes in the form of quotes, so find some key influencers who believe in your goal or quotes and use that as a starting point.
b. Company Work – Company work mostly align with your business work. It could be like your latest work, your past work, your upcoming projects or what’s happening inside your company.
c. Product Posts – This will include your products, promote new stuff and get people interested in your product.
d. Reviews – Including review posts are a great way of attracting the new audience; reading your review will motivate more people to work with you.
e. Interesting Stats – Fun facts and stats are loved by everyone and the best day to post them is on Friday. So, utilize them.
f. Designed Images – Provide some design work such as branding, pictures, event flyers, ads, etc., these types are great for graphic designers or any other designers.
Or create your own content type, after all being creative can be unique. Your main aim is to use Instagram in such a way that it would help people, encourage our audience to follow us and invite like-minded people.
- Start by telling your story. When we started our Instagram, we create a basic marketing plan which would help us reach our goals and create the first post telling our story. And now we just keep updating it, as per our growth.
- Reposting – Sometimes it’s just great to repost what you love in someone else’s work or it represents your goals or ambition. This will make that person appreciate your work, and you can end up doing cross-promotion.
4. Create a visual for your Instagram.
The Instagram theme will help you visualize style and Brand Aesthetic. One of the unique qualities about Instagram among all the other social platforms is that it’s primary visual with its ongoing feed of imagery. This allows a business to visually show off their product, rather than just tell. This is also a challenge.
Now, how can you make your own business style seem through a consistent, visually appealing brand? Here are some examples: Colors, minimal style, and other combines can make your account look so attractive.
One of the most appreciated visuals is creating clean looks and minimal touch, along with color combo. Make sure you mix them well and create your own vision of how your account should look like. Every image should lead to your goal.
5. Measure your growth.
With every post, you set goals, know how you’re aiming to improve your brand each time you post. Whether you’re starting out or revamping your current Instagram, it’s time to start recording your data! If you can’t track your efforts, you’ll never be able to see if your strategy is working or not.
Since today start recording your data. Once you have the data from all of your posts, you’ll be able to make strategic decisions from time to time with every post. There are so many social media platforms out there, that it can be hard to keep up with all of them. But when Instagram engagement is 10x higher than Facebook and 54x higher than Pinterest (Read how Pinterest can also be helpful for your brand), we must take note.[Tweet ““It’s never TOO Late to start.””]
In this post, we’ve coved everything basic you need to know to start your business account on Instagram:
- Create a winning profile, focused on your brand’s USP or next big thing – be it an event promotion or product launch.
- Setting up Instagram marketing goals: both long-term and short-term goals.
- Plan a simple Instagram content strategy: It’s good to start with less.
- Decide the type of content you will provide to attract a new audience.
- Set a visual style for your profile.
- Measure your everyday success on Instagram.
Marketing your business only on Instagram won’t help you increase profits and sales. Make sure you promote your brand on Facebook and other social media platforms. Email marketing is another important means of promoting your business, last year it showed 4400% of ROI, so why not try your hands on it.
Hopefully, this article has given you just the beginning of actionable strategies to be taken into consideration while promoting your business on Instagram. I’ll be adding much more in it, till than let me know if you have any questions in mind or any query or any suggestion.
Other posts that might come in your interest:
- How Paid Social Media Can Help You Reach More People?
- How to Monetize Your Blog Through Advertisement?
- 18 Marketing Principles You Need To Strictly Follow For Success.
- 21 Best Social Media Marketing Tools Every Marketer Should Have