When you start blogging one of the first questions is: how do I get traffic? Even if you are working on your blog for more than 6 months and getting enough traffic to turn them into customers. Then you need to make a decision and act fast. Here are some of the tips and tricks I would recommend you, as a newbie or in the middle, which will help you increase traffic and sales.
First, these tips and tricks will help you increase organic traffic from zero to 100,000/month in few months only. See here:
Second, once you have the traffic you will be able to generate revenue from various sources. Here is what I made in my first year of blogging. I made $18,225 only through affiliate marketing.
So before I tell you the reasons and ways to increase traffic and sale together (Trust me it will work with each one of you), I want to share the results.
Isn’t it amazing? If I can do it, you can do it too.
Well, it can be fascinating at first, but when you work the right way, this can also happen with you even if you don’t have any readers or haven’t had any sales yet.
To increase traffic and sales you need to have a domain name and hosting which is best for you. Your domain name should not include “-,@#$%^&” any symbol and should be relevant to your business or brand.
Next, register your domain and get WordPress hosting because that’s where you’ll blog. And the best place to do is SiteGround. Also, you can start or transfer your site today with up to 70% off. Here are some reasons why you need to go with SiteGround:
- 2055+ experts and users have reviewed SiteGround as the best hosting provider.
- Reliability: Your website will be available 24/7/365 without facing any downtime.
- Superfast servers: All SiteGround servers are highly optimized for speed. They are equipped with the latest hardware like SSD drives and custom software to make sure that your site is super fast.
- Top-Notch Customer Support Their customer support is fantastic, to say the least. They offer 24/7 phone, live chat, and ticket-based support.
- Free CDN and SSL They offer instant setup of Cloudflare’s free CDN and free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt.
- Multiple Server Locations They have data centers on three continents. You can choose the location you prefer during the signup.
So if you are not convinced yet, then you might want to see this:
Isn’t it amazing how many people review it so positively? It’s considered one of the best hosting services provider with best customer support. Ok, now back to where we started.
How to increase traffic and sale for your website?
1. Website Speed
This is how my website used to look like before. I know this is very bad. This wasn’t a time to sit quick, but to take the right action.
I started with Bluehost as my hosting provider, but I moved to SiteGround, and these were the results.
So why does your website take so long to load and how SiteGround will fix it? What all things you need to improve to increase traffic and sale with website speed:
- Large images that need to be optimized
- Resolve broken links.
- Need to run-on latest PHP
- Remove unwanted plugins
- Turn on CDN to distribute your content worldwide.
- User Experience – the way your blog is designed.
- Download Total Cache Plugin to optimize site load.
- For mobile speed optimization, you need the AMP WordPress plugin.
Want to know more? Read here in detail.
But how SiteGround can help you to increase traffic and sale?
When I moved from BlueHost to SiteGround, I started with a basic SiteGround plan, but recently I upgraded to the GoGeek plan. It has the best SSD space which is required for your website, once you have a few thousand visitors per day.
Your website should load in less than 2 sec, and SiteGround will help you with this. You can check your current website speed on GTMatrix and once you’ve setup SiteGround after some time check once again. And see your website speed progress.
One reason why your website isn’t loading fast can be because of images. Considering how image-heavy my blog is, it’s not too bad! Not bad at all, eh?! I always take those scores with a pinch of salt. But that load time… THAT is what I wanted to improve. And the total page size. The numbers on the right box labeled as “Page Details” are the important ones.
If you do things right, the chances are that you’ll also improve your PageSpeed and YSlow Scores as well. Anyhow, I figured this would be beneficial to all of you who’re trying to optimize your website for better performance and faster load-time.
Also, many people get scared when they think about doing this themselves. Let me tell you; this isn’t rocket science. If you’ve done things right from the beginning (signed up with an excellent hosting company, invested in a well-put-together website, and haven’t loaded up your site with unnecessary plugins), then this part is going to be a breeze.
2. Advertise on Facebook Ads and Google Ads, and do Guest Posts
Once your website speed is up, Google will consider your website with some priority to get it indexed, which means you will get some traffic organically. But to give it a boost you should try Facebook Ads or Google Ads.
When you go for Google Ads you need to educate yourself for a lot of things and will require a complete guide on it. Which you can easily learn from here.
Another way to get traffic is through Facebook ads. And frankly speaking, you can do it with few easy steps:
- Define your audience.
- Earning and more.
2. Post your content on Facebook the same day you publish it and directly boost it for 7 days. You can spend around $10-$20 for a 7-day ad.
Guest posting is another way to earn traffic and get sales. When you do guest posting you can link your website or blog on that guest post, which will also help you build backlinks.
3. Add affiliate links
This one is my favorite way to earn money while blogging. One tip or advice I would like to share with you is don’t apply to too many affiliate programs; it’s just going to harm your earning. Just focus on maximum returning affiliate programs.
There are many programs in your niche that offer affiliate programs, so you need to apply to them and start referring them to your network and readers.
The affiliate programs are linked to a particular website you want to apply for. Once your application is approved, you need to place it as ads on your site also in between your blog posts. Write relevant content on your website that readers want to read, and that can also promote the affiliate links.
Let me share some calculations with you on affiliate marketing:
We have applied to the SiteGround Affiliate program, and each time you purchase through our link, we’ll get some commission. If 5 people purchase through my link, I’ll get $50 per purchase made. So, $50 x 5 people = $250.
And if I get 21 people to purchase through my links, I’ll get $100 per person. So, it will be like $100 x 21 people = $2,100.
So you need to decide which affiliate programs are best in your niche and who much you can earn from it. Once you have enough traffic monetizing blogs gets easy.
4. Use Pinterest To Market Your Blog
Pinterest is my first choice, and it should be yours too. I got 300K views within a month since I started posting on Pinterest. And on average, I get around 100+/day click on my posts and get 40000+ monthly traffic. This means 100+/day people are visiting my blog post only through Pinterest.
You need to know that Pinterest is different than any other social media platform. It can help you with traffic and monetize your blog with minimal efforts. Pinterest keeps your pin live for 1 month and sometimes even after that. So you have plenty of time to get the most out of it.
Pinterest Marketing Steps:
- Create pins easily through Canva.
- Create a Pinterest business profile.
- It is recommended to create 15 – 20 pins a day.
- Include keywords in description and headline.
- Use a scheduler to pin, because you need to reach your audience when they are most active.
To schedule pins, SocialPilot is highly recommended because you not only need to manage your Pinterest but other social media accounts all in one place.
Just like other social media accounts, where you need to be active when your audience is, Pinterest is no different. You need to make sure your every pin reaches your audience immediately when they are active. The best way to do this is by using a scheduler. It’s okay when you’re not available to your audience, your scheduled pins will do its work.
My favorite is SocialPilot, it not only helped me schedule my Pinterest Pins but also helps me completely manage my other social media accounts.
- You can manage 25 social media accounts under 1 user.
- It will help you connect and engage with your audience.
- Manage your groups.
- See how your posts are doing. Check the analytics.
- You can easily manage your client’s account if you are a freelancer and have to manage multiple accounts.
- RSS feed integration
- You can easily shorten links
- Manage your accounts through the Phone App.
- and best customer support.
5. Write what readers are interested in
This is going to be the toughest thing, but if you master it, in the long run, it will benefit you. Definitely, there’s no alternative to getting better results with the right traffic. And to get traffic that will help you succeed, you need to create the content they want to read.
No, you don’t need to be an expert on a subject, or you have to have a degree, but you do need to be knowledgeable or interested in what you are talking about. This will show in your writing and actually help your readers.
High-quality content will help you grow a loyal readership that will keep coming back, increasing traffic and monetizing the blog.
To create high-quality content on your blog, you will need to:
- Dig deep and figure out precisely what it is that you’d like to write about. Being passionate about a subject will give you the motivation to write content that people will want to read. Just think about it: If you don’t enjoy writing your content, then why should you expect someone else to want to read it?
- Survey your audience and determine what they want you to write about. Many of my best ideas come from reader questions!
- Complete any research that is needed by reading news articles, going to a library, digging for statistics, and more.
- Write long content. Sure, some great content may only be a few hundred words, but to be as helpful as possible, long content is usually the best. My blog posts tend to be over 2,000 words, and this blog post is over 4,000.
- Reread your content. I used to read my content 10 times or more before I would publish it. Now, I have an editor who makes sure that my content is of high quality.
In simple words, what my readers want?
- Find and define your niche.
- Do target audience research.
- List all the queries and questions your readers are looking for.
- List all the problems you can’t find answers to.
- Either you experience it or do detail research on it.
- Write a detailed answer to the questions.
- Promote it.
6. Build A Email List.
They say if you invest $1 in your email marketing you’ll get $44 in ROI. So, once you start blogging you need to focus on building your email list. To start email marketing you need an email service provider and my favorite is ConvertKit.
- It offers a 14 days free trial, so you can see if it fits you.
- It’s less expensive compared to other providers.
- You can build multiple email lists for different reasons.
- Create tags and segments as required.
- ConvertKit offers multiple email designs and landing pages to choose from.
- Easy to start with.
- Top-notch customer support.
Some of the ways you can build an email list:
- Add sign up form on your website where it’s easily visible to your readers.
- Offer free downloadable resources/guides/e-books/templates or whatever relevant to your audience.
- Keep engaging with your subscribers with newsletters, updates, and offers.
- Encourage subscribers to share and send your emails.
- These will help you build an email list from 0 to 20000+ in 6 months because it did for me.
7. Offer Courses/Webinars/Podcasts.
If you are good at something, you need to make sure people value it. You put so many hard efforts into creating an audience who listens to you and are your loyal customers. And to expand your business and customer reach offer your audience Courses, Webinars and Podcasts, as they are hot in the market to earn more from blogging.
Take small and steady steps. You don’t have to work on every aspect of blogging or earning. You need to start right and with small steps to reach your goals, i.e, increasing traffic and monetizing the blog.
Start with SiteGround; it will definitely help you, indirectly, to increase traffic and sale for your blog.
There are many ways to increase traffic and sale for your blog, but you need to decide which you want to prioritize.
Other Articles you might like:
- 15 Blogging Tips That Nobody Will Tell You
- 13 SEO mistakes you might be making.
- This Is How I Collected My First 500 Email Subscribers.
(This post may contain(s) affiliate links. That means I do get compensated every time someone buys from these links at no cost to you. See disclosure here.)