SiteGround is one of the most popular hosting companies. I’m using Siteground for more than 2 years and I’m sharing my complete review of why to start a WordPress blog with SiteGround Hosting.
What is SiteGround?
Let us first understand a little bit about SiteGround.
SiteGround is a site hosting service provider. It helps people make their websites available to the online world. SiteGround has amassed a host of loyal fans by its superior customer support, website speed, and overall security.
What are the Features offered by SiteGround?
- SiteGround will cost you just $3.95/month which will include 12 months hosting, 1-year domain and 1-year domain protection (it’s important to protect your domain information and website being attacked by fraudulent stuff).
- It offers a free WordPress installation. Those who don’t know what WordPress is, it is the world’s most popular blogging platform, with 66% of market share in the Content Management System (CMS).
- You can select the server from 3 different locations. You can choose the location you prefer during the signup.
- Free CDN and SSL They offer instant setup of Cloudflare’s free CDN and free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt. (which is necessary to make your website secure).
- SiteGround is considered as the best in website speed. Google gives priority to websites who have fast loading speed. They are equipped with the latest hardware like SSD drives and custom software to make sure that your site is super fast. This will help your website index fast by search engines.
- Top-Notch Customer Support their customer support is fantastic, to say the least. They offer 24/7 phone, live chat, and ticket-based support.
- Your website will be available 24/7/365 without facing any downtime. This is a must.
Reasons to go for SiteGround
Choosing a particular web hosting company is not an easy task with multiple options to pick from. But here I’m not going to talk about all the other companies except SiteGround.
Going for one hosting totally depends upon one’s requirements. Set goals, define why you’re blogging and what things will help you do so.
When you start a new blog or website, it’s not possible to spend all your money in one place. You’ll need to try a lot of things, some will work and some will not. One thing you need to invest your money in is the Self-hosted website.
And this is why Siteground should be your option:
This one is important, before moving to one hosting company it’s important to check its reputation. There are several polls conducted on Facebook regarding which hosting company is the best. And the result says it all:
Faster site speed
If you want your website to rank higher and faster on search engines, your website should load fast. There’s no reason why someone would visit your website if your website takes too long to load.
We are living in a fast-paced world, people don’t have patients. To make them visit your blog and read the content, you need to make sure your website loads fast so the readers don’t go away.
90% of your website speed work will be done by hosting service.
With SiteGround your website will load faster (see the image below) even without Cloudflare CDN.
How To Start A WordPress Blog With SiteGround Hosting
Not every blogger can understand codes and technical things. And not every time you can hire someone and spend hundreds of dollars to fix something went wrong in your server.
If you face any issue in your server-side you don’t need to worry, SiteGround’s customer support team has got your back.
There were many times when I faced a few issues due to conflict between the plugins and the website. SiteGround offered me quick help and got my website back on track.
WordPress also prefer SiteGround
WordPress is the main platform where you’ll do blogging, with a market share of 65%. With SiteGround Hosting, you can freely install WordPress with one click. SiteGround’s servers are specifically built for WordPress users.
How To Start A WordPress Blog With SiteGround?
Step #1 – Sign up
Go to SiteGround. Click here to get 70% off. Next click on WordPress Hosting.
How To Start A WordPress Blog With SiteGround Hosting?
Now, you need to decide which plan to go with:
- StartUp: If you are just starting up your website this option will suit you the best since it can handle up to 10,000 monthly visits and is the cheapest option. If your website is brand new, it is doubtful that you will use more than 10GB so this is your best bet.
- GrowBig: GrowBig is SiteGround’s most common option. There is a good reason for this. If your website is growing and acquiring more readers every day, this plan is a perfect balance. You can then choose to upgrade to the bigger GoGeek plan in the future.
- GoGeek: GoGeek is the biggest plan SiteGround offers and it is pretty much-unlimited traffic. You can go for this one if your website is already established.
Step #2 – Register a new Domain or moved an old site.
You will have two options – Register a new domain or I already have a domain. When you’ve decided, enter the domain and proceed.
Step #3 – Fill up the information and pay.
Once You’ve added your information, check the terms and condition box and pay. It will take SiteGround a few minutes to get your website ready with the domain.
Also, you’ll receive all the login and further details in your email inbox.
Step #4 – Install WordPress
You need to login to your SiteGround customer panel area. You can do so by the details provided to you in your email. You’ll be asked if you want to start a new website under your registered domain or transfer an existing site to the registered domain.
Next, you’ll need to create a username and password for your WordPress dashboard.
Congratulations! Your WordPress is installed. Now you’ll see your account information which you need to remember.
You can login to your WordPress dashboard by this link: yoursite.com/wp-admin
Lastly, you’ll see your WordPress dashboard and you can customize it as per needs.
Step #5 – Updating DNS
Next, you need to update the DNS so that the domain is hosted on SiteGround. The nameservers will have been sent to you in the welcome email from Siteground.
SiteGround is no doubt the best option for bloggers and big websites. If a fast loading website, top-notch customer support and security is your priority, then SiteGround is best for you. Once your WordPress is set up, what you need to do next? Read here:
- How To Increase Traffic And Sales With Website Speed?
- How To Start A Successful Blog & Make Your First $5000?
- 15 Blogging Tips That Nobody Will Tell You
- Step-By-Step SEO Guide For Beginner Made Easy
- The Ultimate Guide: How To Start Email Marketing For Beginners.
- How To Monetize Your Blog And Turn It Into 6-Figure Business?
*If you liked this article, please share it. If you have any queries or suggestions, let us know by commenting below.*
(This post may contain(s) affiliate links. That means I do get compensated every time someone buys from these links at no cost to you. See disclosure here.)